"Care, kindness and dignity"

About: City Hospital campus / General medicine City Hospital campus / Neurology City Hospital campus / Rehabilitation

I am writing on behalf of my mum (who asked me to feed back about her care), and also from my own, and my family's, point of view. My 83 year old mother had a bleed in her brain recently, and was taken to Stroke Services at the Nottingham City Hospital. From the paramedic and other attending emergency service staff who attended, to the ward she is now on (Newell Ward, City Hospital), her care overall has been excellent.

We as a family have visited every day and every day my mum comments on how wonderful the staff are. How hard working and kind they are. To every single member of staff who has been involved in my mums care thank you - she was initially admitted to Berman (many thanks particularly to Michael, Student Nurse who was working a random shift there, and Sheridan) my mum thought you were both great.

From Berman she went to Seacole Ward, too many wonderful staff to mention, but Dario, Daniel, Robyn, Gabby and M - thank you.

She is now on Newell Ward and thinks it is the best, most organised ward she has been on. As a daughter, I feel slightly more comforted at this awful time knowing my mum feels so well cared for, so thank you all very much for the care, kindness and dignity you have show my mum.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for writing on behalf of your mum and for sharing your own experience. I’m pleased to hear about the excellent care your mum received on Berman, Newell and Seacole wards. I’ve passed your message of thanks on to all the ward teams.

My best wishes to you,

Maria Bentley,

Interim Divisional Nurse for Medicine (including stroke)

Response from City Hospital campus

My best wishes to you,

Maria Bentley,

Interim Divisional Nurse for Medicine (including stroke)