"Absolute joke"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

I am currently 36 weeks oregano and up until today I've had a great level of care.

I visited ward 31 at 9.15 with contractions as instructed via phone with delivery suite to find one lovely midwife alone running a full unit single handedly (which considering was doing a fantastic job). The midwife attended to me very efficiently and really lovely person. After the midwife had carried out necessary I was informed a doctor would be along shortly which at 3.30pm this had not happened even though they had repeatedly called for assistance. After 6.5 hours I finally was assessed to be sent home and told to return when pain gets worse. I am totally disgusted with today's antics and really considering changing hospitals due to this as I also missed my last diabetic appointment so I do not have a birth plan in place either

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.