"Sarratt ward"

About: Watford General Hospital

My Father received the best care on Sarratt Ward. The doctor obviously made the fundamental decisions, they were honest but caring and compassionate when talking to both my parents.

The Junior Doctors do work extremely hard, but always had the time to talk to our family if we had questions or if we needed updating. They ran to emergencies and after my Dad needed emergency help from 4 of them on a "Sunday" lunchtime I knew the sad reports we hear via the media were exaggerated.

The nurses, were absolutely lovely. Not only were they there for my Dad they supported my Mother and I at the most difficult of times. They worked tirelessly and seldom had breaks themselves.

There was a good standard of cleanliness and the food was of a good quality. At one point my Father was on pureed food and this was made to look as attractive as it could be.

In our experience this ward is excellent but that is down to the people who work there! Thank you all.

Response from Watford General Hospital

Hi there, thank you very much for your kind feedback. It is always nice to hear that we are providing exceptional care to our patients. I will pass on your feedback to the department.