"Visit to A. & E."

About: St Peter's Hospital (Chertsey)

I experienced an unexpected rapid beating of the heart and I visited Woking Community Hospital who referred me to your A. & E. Department.

My first impression was that the Department was well decorated and very clean.

I liked the fact that patients were asked to stand away from the receptionists area ensuring complete privacy when discussing personal details.

The Receptionist was very kind and helpful not at all intimidating and I was asked to take a seat and wait for the Triage Nurse.

I only waited a few moments before I was called and assessed by the Triage Nurse who was very thorough and kind and shortly afterwards I was taken to the ward where I underwent several tests .

All the procedures were very carefully explained to me and I was treated throughout with dignity and respect.

What could have been a very traumatic experience turned out to be quite pleasant although I hope I don't have to visit again.

I did write and express my personal thanks to all the Nursing Staff and the Doctor for their kindness and care.

Response from St Peter's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share you positive experiences of our A&E department and we are pleased to hear you were treated in such a caring and professional way by all the staff you encountered. We have passed your comments onto the team.