"Felt a little let down, but was cared for."

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

I went in to give birth early on 14th July '15.

I was seen to and assessed quickly (although it did not seem busy at the time).

My two disappointments are:

Although it was obvious I was in labour with very regular contractions, I was asked to give a urine sample.

Understandably, I was unable to give one, due to my waters leaking intermittently.

During the pushing phase I did get a bit vocal, as it was happening very quickly and without pain relief.

I was yelled at by the midwife at one point to "sshhh".

I found myself suddenly feeling very embarrassed and self-conscious of any noise I made.

I was cared for very well and my son was delivered with no complications, but given that this was to be my last labour experience, I feel those two things were very disappointing.

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience of our maternity service.

We were sorry to learn that elements of the care provided had left you feeling disappointed and we have shared your comments with the senior management team.

If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01892 632953 or email mtw-tr.complaints@nhs.net, where a member of the team will be happy to help.

Kind regards, The PALS Team.