"Consultant didn't see me before or after"

About: Wythenshawe Hospital

All of the nurses were wonderful, I must state that. I was disappointed in the level of knowledge my consultant showed on my condition (not much!) I wish I'd had the guts to cancel go somewhere more specialist.

The consultant also did not see me before or after the operation and I left with a three line discharge note the nurse gave me.

Three weeks on and I have no knowledge of what happened!

Response from Wythenshawe Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices website and please accept our apology for the delay in responding to you.

We are pleased to hear that you found the care and treatment provided by the nursing staff in the Gynaecology department to be of a high quality and your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate Managers to share with the relevant staff, who are always appreciative when a patient or relative takes the time to give such positive feedback.

Please accept our apology that you found the care received from the consultant less than satisfactory.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Experience team on 0161 291 5600 or via email at pls@uhsm.nhs.uk if we can assist you to rectify this concern.

Patient Experience Department