"Last night ay A&E"

About: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital

Took my daughter to see a doctor last night, struggling to breathe and with her asthma not relieving after her usual medicine had been taken. We waited for 4 long hours to be told that this was a simple cold and that I should not have brought the child to be seen. A very quick listening to my daughter's wheezing chest from a very patronising Dr that didn't bother questioning about previous asthma attacks during 'simple' colds.

We were advised that there is normally no access to the patient clinical history from A&E and nothing could be done anyway. We decided to contact a private doctor and daughter is now under good care taking medicine prescribed and feeling much better. Unfortunately, not a good experience at A&E last night.

Response from Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital

Thank you for your feedback regarding our emergency department. I am sorry that your visit did not meet the high standards we aim to provide. I have informed the clinical leaders, however, if you wish to discuss your experience further please contact our customer care team on 01256 486766 or email customercare@hhft.nhs.uk

Mary Edwards, Chief Executive Mary.edwards@hhft.nhs.uk