"Childrens A&E what a pleasant surprise"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I had to visit A&E yesterday with my daughter, I must admit this was a scary thought following all the press, however I found the press reports couldn't be further from the truth, we booked in at the new entrance then went into children's area we were triaged by a lovely nurse who obviously enjoys their job, following our assessment we were taken to a trolley and commenced on treatment immediately, the nurse, I think they were a sister was very professional and did a wonderful job of calming my autistic daughter and dealt with a very rude mother from the waiting room who came in swearing with the utmost profession, I was only sad when it was time for sister to finish their shift, we would like to thank the Medway team (especially the sister) and if we ever have to come back we will do so without fear. Thank you and keep up the good work.

A very grateful family

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback. We receive many positive comments from patients about our emergency care and it always means a lot to our staff to hear them. We hope that your daughter is recovering well.