"Speak to someone ? afraid not, everyone is on..."

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

I have been ringing the hospital over the past few days to enquire about a date for some surgery for my wife which we were told that we'd receive confirmation of 1 to 2 weeks ago.

Each time I call the switch I'm put through to one of many different answer phones and I leave another message.

No one has called back yet...

If we had been sent the letter we were promised I'd not have to call the hospital in the first place however the fact that no-one has the courtesy to call back when I leave a message it makes me wonder whether the MRI really does place patient care at the top of its agenda !

More people and less answer phones please........

Response from Patient Experience Team, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We are very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the Patient Opinion website. It is very difficult to respond to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail. We take all issues surrounding patient care very seriously and would very much like to hear from you directly about this. To help look into this further, please contact our Divisional Management Team directly at: have_your_say.SMS@cmft.nhs.uk with your details and a member of the team will contact you to discuss this further. Alternatively please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk