"You are all stars"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

Last week, my husband was on his way to the bus stop inside the grounds of Wishaw General Hospital, but he could not get his breath ,so he decided he had to make a stop at the a&e department. The staff all acted very quickly from the moment he stepped into the waiting room. They managed to find that he needed oxygen, took bloods and finally dicovered that he had a blood clot in his lung. Thank you to all their hard work. They really are amazing people that work in that department. You are all stars.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Very worried wife,

I am sorry to hear of the frightening ordeal that occurred to your husband. It must have been a very frightening experience for him.

I am pleased to read that your experience was positive and that he was seen, reviewed and treated quickly.

The staff strive each day for excellence and when they receive feedback that is so kind it makes our job so worth while.

I hope your husband is recovering well.

I will ensure that this feedback is shared with the ED and ECU staff.

Best wishes

• Very worried wife thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Very worried wife (a relative)

Dear Andy

Thank you for your well wishes for my husband. My husband and I can't thank you all enough for all your hard work and getting to the bottom of his problem we have a long way to go and thanks to all of you we know where to start.

Very worried wife & (husband)