"Heartlands A&E/ Fracture clinic"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was listed as discharged from Heartlands A&E by mistake instead of being listed for an Operation, after fracturing and dislocating his wrist.

He is now being told he may not be operated on for a week and has to languish at home in pain.

Is this the current state of the NHS? What can be done/ who can I speak to?

Dear Childinpainbroken wrist

Thank you for your highlighting your concern about your son's treatment at Heartlands Hospital.

I am very sorry that you feel a mistake has been made and that this has caused a delay to your son's surgery being carried out.

I would very much like the opportunity to look into this matter but would require some more information from you to enable me to identify your son on our system. Can I please ask you to contact me at your convenience to discuss your concern? I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

Please be assured that we take seriously any issues our patient raise with us and we value your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Marie Helebert

• childinpainbroken wrist thinks this response is helpful