About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

When will you get rid of the telephone answering system? Even your staff say it's awful, the recording asks for the number or department you want and no matter how clear you are it never recognises the name of the department you want! This morning I had 9 attempts to get Occupational Health and was offered Workplace Health 5 times, then 4 different people, eventually I asked for Operator so that I could speak to someone, if I had not thought of asking for the Operator I would have still been in the system. Absolutely shocking get rid of this time wasting, frustrating telephone system that even your own Operators tell you it's rubbish.

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you for your comments with regards to your attempts to contact the OccupationaI Health department at Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

I am sorry to read that you had encountered difficulty with the switchboard and it's recognition capability. I can understand completely how frustating this must have been for you.

I am pleased to learn that you were able to speak to an Operator eventually, and I hope that you were able to get the assistance you required.

If you are happy to share more detail about your specific experience with us, please contact our dedicated Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01296 316042 or email pals@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk

In the meantime, please be assured I will pass your anonymous comments to the relevant manager for the service.