"The best orthopaedic doctor."

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital

I had an appointment at the Fracture clinic in November. I had a bad fall a month before and could barely put my foot to the ground at times. I had knee reconstruction surgery last September and was scared I had done more damage. I was discharged in September this year but got an emergency appointment when I made the phone call to explain what had happened. Thankfully there was no injury at all and no new damage to my knee. I am grateful that I had a consultant that has never ever seemed to me that I have ever wasted their time at any point through my treatment. This is the first orthopaedic doctor I've had in over 20+ years that has seemed to care and has wanted to get this knee condition sorted out. They knew straight away what needed to be done. And I trusted straight away they knew what was best and how to move forward with it.

Not once have I heard the words it's all in your head . I know at the moment nothing more can be done for it.

And I am grateful that this doctor did their best to try and fix the problem. For me this is one of the best orthopaedic consultants I have ever had.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how pleased you have been with your orthopaedic treatment and that you felt you have been treated with respect.

I have passed your comments on to the department as they will be much appreciated.

I hope you have now recovered from your fall.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service