"Great patient care"

About: Cameron Hospital / Rehabilitation

My dad was sent to the Sir George Sharp Unit following a stroke.

From the start I found this unit to be excellent. We visited a couple of hours after his arrival and he had been assessed by this time. A nurse took me to the side to say what they thought and ask my opinion.

We were involved with his rehab from the start. All staff groups were friendly and helpful and still visit dad at home to continue his rehab. I can not praise this unit enough.

I was taught to help dad into the car and encouraged to take him out for the day but given instructions on what to do and what not to do. There was always someone to help.

Even tho dad could hardly communicate the nurses always spoke to him and not over him. Thank you so much for your care.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear concerned74

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your dad's care in the Sir George Sharp Unit at Cameron Hospital. It must be very difficult for your dad, adjusting following the stroke and also difficult for the family. Clearly the staff understand the importnace of communincating and involving family members in the care process which is exactly as it should be. What you describe is an approach by staff that embeds dignity and respect in their daily routine which again is what we aim to achieve for every patient and family every time.

Thank you for taking the time to post and please be assured that your kind words will be passed on to the Service and to the Management Team.

Louise Ewing