"Endoscopy Experience"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I am from out of area and I was very impressed with the the extremely high level of care and expertise I experienced at the Endoscopy Unit at QA.

From the time of walking into the unit to the time I left, I felt that everyone was working as a highly professional and unified team to provide me with the best possible medical care and attention.

It is easy to see why the unit is viewed as a centre of excellence.

This is obviously due to both the expertise of such professionals as Professor whom I believe is considered thoughout the country as one of the leading experts in endoscopy and oesophageal conditions, and to the consolidated and harmonious working of the whole department.

I would also like to mention the sister who looked after me so well during the whole procedure, and whose care and attention made me feel relaxed and calm.

Please pass on my thanks and gratitude to the whole department.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

I'm very pleased to hear that everything went so well for you when you attended at the Endoscopy Unit. I would like to thank you for taking the time to add your positive comments.

I would like to assure you these will be shared with the staff involved.

Should you ever wish to share your views, good or bad, about the hospital at any time then please e-mail our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Kind regards.