"orthopaedic clinic visit"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I attended Crosshouse hospital for a visit to the orthopaedic clinic to see if my knee was at the stage of needing a replacement, on arrival I was told the consultant was running an hour late with his appointments, however I was taken on time by another doctor who looked at an x-ray from a year previous, he then proceeded to give me a horror story about the complications you can get with this operation, when he mentioned the worst case scenario about amputations I decided I had heard enough, he is going to write to my GP to explain, I feel like this is one way of keeping the waiting lists down.

Dear tomeee,

I am sorry you been put off in this way. While it is good you did not have to wait the hour you were warned about, it is a shame that your consultation does not seem to have been helpful to you. I am sure it will be helpful to seek clarification from your GP for the explanation if you wish, but we can perhaps find the answers to any questions you may still have about your knee and prospective operation. If you wish to let me know your name and date of birth the team will be able to look into this further for you. You can email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or phone me on 01563 826222 if this would be helpful.

Kind regards,