"The staff went above and beyond their call of duty"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / General Medicine

My dad recently went for a CT scan and was taken into hospital with organ failure and sepsis. His condition deteriorated and sadly he passed away.

The nursing staff and registrars, Michael and Danny all went above and beyond their call of duty.

The nurses spent time holding my mum's hand, comforting her. The staff were amazing. They made a very, very difficult situation easier to bear.

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Potter565

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience, especially in such sad circumstances. I do hope the care and support given to your Dad and Mum brings comfort at this sad time.

I will pass on your kind comments to the staff.

Please accept my condolences I realise this is a very difficult time for you and your family.

Kindest regards

• Potter565 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Potter565 (a relative)

Thanks for your reply Ruth. The nursing staff in ward 18 and ward 19 were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for them. No matter how busy they were they took the time to explain everything patiently to my mum and allowed my family the space and time to spend with my dad, I cannot praise them enough.