"Staff on Ward 19 were friendly ..."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

Staff on Ward 19 were friendly and compassionate.

A little thought when patients trying to sleep at night, loud conversations between staff doesn't help. It would help if doctors would read notes before talking to patients and making decisions, I repeated things so often, and still mistakes were made..

I received the best of care while in hospital and was told by surgeon that they would have me back for surgery in approx. 3 weeks, also was supposed to be referred to breast clinic as MRI revealed lump in breast. When after 3 weeks I hadn't heard from either hospital I was appalled to find that A. no referral had been sent to the breast clinic and B I wasn't on any waiting list! How easy it would be for someone to fall through the net and be missed completely.I'm still waiting to hear when my op is whilst trying to keep my symptoms under control at home. Also the discharge letter to my GP didn't mention the breast lump, if members of my family hadn't been present when I was told about it I might have thought I was dreaming the whole thing!

Response from Jane Upton, Communications and Engagement Manager, Principia

Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback.

I am very sorry that you have experienced administration problems.

We will pass on your comments to the hospital.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your experience at Leicester’s Hospitals. We realise a significant amount of time has passed since you posted your comment and we would like to sincerely apologise that we did respond to in a timely manner. We have since updated our process of responding to reviews posted on NHS Choices and are now committed to making sure we respond to comments within 21 days of the date they are posted. If you would still like you comments to be investigated or passed onto the clinical team involved, please contact PILS on 08081 788337 or online at www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/patient-welfare/patient-information-and-liaison-service/contact-form/. If you have any other specific questions or comments, please feel free to contact us on communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk. Thank you Communications Team Leicester’s Hospitals