"Confidentiality of patient infomation"

About: Croydon University Hospital

After being on amu since after a few days with my mentally and physically disabled family member last we had our worst night here.

After my uncle spiking temperature of 40 at 6. 30 still at 9. 30 waiting for anyone to act to help. Then given 2 paracetamol at 9. 30 at 10. 30pm things went further downhill with him going into urine retention still spiking temp of 39. 9 no one seemed to care. At 11. 50 a staff hand over sheet with 6 patients info was placed at the bottom of my uncles bed clearly displaying info on patients. This was still there at gone 2am. I had photos of all this information including names, condition, plans of action and much more. What happened to patient confidentiality?

Response from Graham Richardson, Deputy Manager, PALS and Complaints, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Dear Bubble22

I am very sorry to learn that you and your family had such a worrying experience. Clearly we did not communicate well with you regarding your uncle's condition and the handover sheet should not have been left on the bed. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

I have passed on your concerns to the AMU matron, and if you are able to add any further information, please contact me through our PALS office on 020 8401 3210 or at ch-tr.pals@nhs.net