"My son had his tonsils and adenoids out"

About: Leeds General Infirmary / Clinical haematology Leeds General Infirmary / Ear, Nose and Throat Leeds General Infirmary / General surgery

(as a carer),

My son has a bleeding disorder and from the moment we heard the news that he needed his tonsils and adenoids out we recieved nothing but exceptional care.

The communication between the hematology and Mr Knights team in ent was amazing. We arrived on the ward and was made to feel comfortable and more to the point my 4 year old son was put at ease and the staff entertained him the best they could within their busy schedules.

He was then taken down to theatre and everything went well but the moment all mums are nervous about was when you get the call to pick your child up from theatre. As you can guess the moment I walked in he was hysterical.

Climbing all over because of the anaesthetic but one thing I will never forget was the big strapping Man in his theatre blues was cradling my son trying to comfort him. This was lovely to see that my son was not just another number but a 4 year old distressed little boy. He was fantastic. When he handed ben over to me he tried to everything he could still to calm him down, lollipops, drinks. Honestly I can't thank the children's hospital enough and a round of applause to haematology and ent 👍

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Sheree19louise

This is fantastic feedback, I am so, so pleased to read that you and your son had a good experience whilst in our care. I would be very happy to pass your feedback on to the teams in question who I am sure will be delighted to read it.

I wish your son a swift recovery from his surgery.

Kindest regards