"Murphy Ward"

About: Chesterfield Royal Hospital

Muriel George and The late Vera Marsden,

I am taking this opportunity to express my thanks and appreciation for the Care and consideration shown to both my Mother and Vera by all member of Staff on Murphy Ward.

Today 16-11-2015, is my Mothers 93rd Birthday and her greatest surprise was a hand delivered Birthday Card signed by all the Murphy Ward Staff,

She may not have recognised the person delivering the card although they may have met before , this is one of her latest problems, ,because resent test show the possibility of early stage Alzheimers .

Once again I would like to extend my gratitude and Best Wishes to all the Staff on Murphy and the H.D.U. , where Vera finished her days.

Yours Sincerely

John T. George., (son)

Response from Chesterfield Royal Hospital

Dear Mr George - first of all I am sorry that I have not responded to this posting before now.

There have been some technical difficulties I understand with receipt of our comments at the end of last year and this arrived with me today (February 21 2016).

I am really disappointed to reply late, because this is such a wonderful reflection of the care our staff strive to provide to all patients.

It is clear that you feel Vera was cared for well in her final days and that your Mother was treated with respect by the Murphy Ward team.

I will be sharing your thoughts with them and the staff on HDU and thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experiences of the Royal.

Kindest regards Sarah Turner-Saint, head of communications