"No help despite numerous requests"

About: HMP Nottingham

My partner is in HMP Nottingham and he and I have asked for a mental health assessment and medical assistance as he is suffering some kind of breakdown and is making specific suicidal threats.

I have asked for the criminal justice liaison team and forensic medical examiner to attend him while in police custody and left two messages on the welfare extension voicemail.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Patient Opinion. This is a worrying time for you as a relative. I have contacted staff who are responsible for our Trust Healthcare Services in HMP Nottingham to respond to your requests and messages.

Jane Danforth

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Firstly, thank you for raising this concern regarding our services. Depending on who your partner is, he may already be receiving support from our colleagues within the Mental Health Team.

To ensure that this is the case please feel free to contact me at your earliest opportunity with your contact details. Once I have these, either myself or a more appropriate colleague will contact you to discuss further.

My name is Phil Griffiths and I am Head of Healthcare, my email address is – phil.griffiths@nottshc.nhs.uk

I look forward to hearing from you