"Traumatized for life after giving birth at wexham"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

I was in the labour unit and the midwife I had was so rude to me when I was having severe contractions and was at my most vulnerable. They gave me an internal examination when I was 8cm dilated and was so rough. I begged them to stop and they didn't, they then rolled their eyes at me and got annoyed when I couldn't relax after giving birth when I was being stitched up. Then 3 days later I had to come back to the hospital cause the midwives did not check properly and I still had half my placenta left inside me.. The consultant wasn't happy. I'm put off having anymore children and am trying to get over a horrible infection with strong antibiotics. The only staff I would trust at that the hospital are the consultants which are amazing. I live in fear that I have to go back to Wexham in the future.

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit.

I am sorry for your experience, and that you are in fear about returning to us.

No one should feel like that, and although I can't change what has happened I can help to put this right for the future.

I would be very grateful if you would contact Adrienne Price, Head of Midwifery, or her deputy Andrea Anderson on adrienne.price@fhft.nhs.uk or andrea.anderson@fhft.nhs.uk as soon as possible for them to meet with you.

I do hope you are enjoying your new arrival

Best Wishes