"Recent Hysterectomy"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

I am recovering from a Hysterectomy, now at home and feel it vital I share my experience of the F11 ward and Frimley Park as a whole.

I was admitted via the POD department, staff were friendly, efficient and clear on the information I was provided. I had my operation and was taken to F11 after being in recovery.

The staff were fantastic, really helpful, kind and I was so impressed in the care I was given. I was discharged 2 days after surgery under my own choice, never felt pushed or forced to leave hospital before I felt ready. The ward was busy during the day and night, the staff were always professional and the only negative I could comment on was the bed across from mine had no night light or tv that worked, despite this being reported, when I left, neither had been fixed and I would guarantee my review wouldn't have been so positive had I been in that bed....overall my personal experience of F11 was fantastic, I read the reviews before my operation so if you are going into F11 soon, I hope you get the same experience I had.

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Dear Alison

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit to Frimley Park.

I am pleased you found the staff to be helpful, friendly and efficient.

We are very lucky to have a great team, and feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile.

I will pass your comments on.

I will ask for an update on the light and TV as I can understand how this can have a negative impact on the experience; hopefully it has been resolved already.

Thank you for thinking of us.

Best wishes for your recovery

Claire Marshall