"A visit to A%E"

About: Tameside General Hospital

Having had high blood pressure for some 5 hours I rang NHS Direct who advised me to visit A%E.On arrival I registered with reception straight away giving brief details of my circumstances.Within 5 minutes I was in front of a triage nurse who was very friendly and professional and after taking reading of my blood pressure accompanied me into the main body of A&E to await consultation with a doctor.At this point another nurse introduced them-self and explained what they were going to do, the nurse proceeded to attached a blood pressure monitor and take an ECG,again friendly and very professional.A doctor arrived who again I found friendly and extremely professional,without going into details I found the whole experience very professional indeed from the triage nurse to the consultant (whom I saw briefly).When you receive extremely good service we tend to expect it and don't give the thanks that are so justly deserved;but have bad service and we tell everyone.Well let me tell you I was treated with respect and kept informed as to what was happening and what would happen to my treatment,Thank you very much indeed!

Ian C Jones

Response from Helen Howard, Head of Patient Experience, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thnak you for taking the time to post your positive feedback regarding the Emergency department. It is heartening that despite a long wait the service provided was of a high professional standard and I will ensure your comments are fed back to the team.