"Much tastier than any hospital food I've had in the past"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / General surgery

I have been in the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital for six days and would like to express my gratitude for the quality of the food. I am delighted to say the food which is being served to me is much tastier than any hospital food I've had in the past. Dishes like stew, chicken korma, steak pie, savoury mince have been delicious as have the desserts of Eve's pudding, gateaux, rhubarb sponge. The soups are very tasty too. The food arrives hot, is very well presented and the flavours are lovely. Well done NHS!

Dear Bethal,

I really appreciate you getting in touch to comment specifically on the food you have received during your stay at the Queen Elizabeth. I know how much work has gone in to improving the catering across the Board, and how passionate our catering staff are about getting it right, so it is fantastic to be able to give them such positive feedback.

We know that food tastes can be a very personal thing and so it can be difficult to make sure it is right for everybody, but if we can continue to get the basics right - I.e. food that is hot and well presented - then we are more than half way there!

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch,

Best Wishes,

• Bethal thinks this response is helpful