"Excellent care in Orthopedic Wards and Rehab Unti"

About: St Mary's Hospital

My mother was admitted in early October after a fall. The Crisis Response team were brilliant prior to her admission and did everything possible to support her.

A&E were very friendly despite being stretched to the limit. My mother was admitted to the Alverstone and

Luccombe Orthopedic wards where she received compassionate treatment from all of the staff during her three weeks stay in the wards. Thankfully she had not broken her hip but her mobility was severely impaired due to arthritis. She also required treatment for an infection and low sodium levels.

Further excellent treatment in the Rehab Unit resulted in an improvement to her mobility and her discharge after a fortnight's stay in the unit.

Many thanks to the doctors, nursing staff, physios and occupational therapists who have all been so kind and understanding to my mother.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to share this positive feedback of your mothers care in the Trust. I was pleased to read that your mother received compassionate care during her stay in hospital and received excellent treatment.

Your feedback has been shared with the teams, and I am sure they will join me in wishing your mother well for the future.