"Really Excellent Care"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I have attended the Opthalmic Department at Blackpool Victoria Hospital many times this year when retinal tears were discovered in both of my eyes, in Feb 15.

I have had several sessions of laser treatment on the Medical Retina Unit along with retinal photography and scans.

In Aug 15 I developed an epiretinal membrane in one eye which meant that last week I had surgery (a pars plana vitrectomy and retinal peel) and received excellent care throughout from the Opthalmic Surgical Unit..

I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff who have been courteous and professional at all times in this very busy Opthalmology department, .

I feel extremely fortunate to have received such great treatment.

Thank you.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your recent experience within our Ophthalmology Department. I am pleased that the care you encountered was excellent and found the team to be professional and courteous.

I will share your posting with members of our Ophthalmology team who I know will be delighted to receive this positive feedback.

Thank you once more for taking the time to share your experience.

Andrew

‘On behalf of all the staff on the Ophthalmic Surgical Unit I would like to thank Ms Wharton for her kind and supportive words in expressing her thanks for the care she received in the department. The staff strive to provide excellent care to patients in a professional manner and I am very pleased that Ms Wharton felt that this was the case during her time on the Unit.’

Kind Regards