"Emergency Operation on Shoulder and arm"

About: Countess Of Chester Hospital

I am leaving this review because I am eternally grateful to the consultant and their team and to all the staff of Ward 52.

I was admitted as an emergency via A&E having been sent there by my GP with a problem with my shoulder and arm which turned out to be an abscess in my arm.

I had 3 operations and a stay of 12 days.

In this time the care I received was excellent. The consultant is amazing and I was aware at every step what was going to happen, My immediate after care in theatre controlling my pain was first rate and then back on the ward the team worked very hard to make me as comfortable as possible.

At times I was very poorly and the team worked tirelessly, often over stretched, to make me well again.

I thank them all and I thank God I live in the UK and we have the wonderful NHS.

Like humans it is not perfect it doesn't get it right all the time but with stretched resources and a lack of funding it is still delivering a service that saves lives every minute of every day.

Response from Countess Of Chester Hospital

Dear Ms Griffiths

Thank you for your feedback.

It is always gratifying to receive such praise and we appreciate the time you have taken to compliment our staff in the Emergency Department and on Ward 52.

Please be assured that your kind words will be shared with our staff.

We hope that you are making a good recovery from your surgery and would like to wish you well for the future.

The Patient Experience Team