"Excellent midwife for labour and ..."

About: Peterborough Maternity Unit

Excellent midwife for labour and delivery. Choice of Midwife Led Unit or normal delivery suites. Felt informed throughout.

Can't really think.

This was the second baby I have had. The first delivered in the MLU and the second in normal delivery suite. On both occasions the midwife (not the same person) with me for delivery was fantastic and experienced. I found second time the better experience as first time I had difficulty feeding and help wasn't great. Second time, though i didn't need it myself this time, there was obvious improvement with breastfeeding counsellor available and up to date guidance.

The mat unit was busy but I couldn't tell and didn't know until handing over forms at discharge and they said it. Really pleased with the service provided.

I think sometimes people get caught up with their ideal birthplan but it can't always happen that way and that's sometimes the reason for people feeling negatively. Thank you PMU.

Response from Peterborough Maternity Unit

We are pleased that you had a positive experience of our hospital. This feedback has been forwarded to the relevant department.

Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01733 875847 or email pals@pbh-tr.nhs.uk who will be happy to provide help and advice regarding any issue.

Thank you for visiting NHS Choices.