"Use of out of hours and peads ward"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I cannot fault the hospital at all for the visit I had there with my daughter last night (out of hours and paediatric ward) Everyone was helpful and communicated well.

We are new to the area and so had not yet experienced any health services.

The receptionists on A&E were having to deal with an extremely difficult relative who was aggressive (even with children around). They all kept calm and delt with the situation very well!

The Nurse Practitioner (sadly I do not remember their name) is a credit to the service. They made my little girl happy and at ease with being examined. They explained everything and their clinical decision making was extremely good demonstrating their knowledge. They were so friendly and warm.

The NA who took us up to the ward was so friendly and kind. (Again I am unable to recall their name). They were extremely helpful and thoughtful.

Our nurse on the peads ward was another credit to the service. Again their communication and clinical reasoning was first class. Nothing was a problem and their care again was first class.

The doctor was kind and friendly and listened. They had a lovely manner about them and again nothing was too much trouble.

I myself work for the NHS in another area and what I experienced last night is exactly the excellent treatment every person should receive. Ultimately it is also the treatment that every member of staff should strive to provide. The above staff are excellent role models for the service.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Jenny

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your experience with your daughter at Pilgrim Hospital. I am pleased that your first experience with health services in Boston was so positive.

I am responsible for the children’s ward and I was able to identify your daughter from the information you have left and this has enabled me to pull the notes and identify the nurse and doctor that looked after you, so I will ensure that I share your generous feedback with them. Our patient experience team will also share your comments with the other departments involved in your care although the out of hours service itself is run by another organisation, Lincolnshire Community Health Services.

We always strive to ensure that our families have a positive experience and it is lovely to receive comments like yours to show us that we are on the right track. I hope your daughter has now made a full recovery.

With thanks