"Clinic Eight Eye Department"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I seldom find the need to write any review. However the staff through clinic 8 have looked after me so well. Fear not, anyone who needs to make a visit about your eyes, and even things like eyeball injections; you will be treated with dignity respect and all handled in a very calm manner.

I was of course cautious when I knew my sight was failing and that I required eyeball injections, scans, the blue light laser thingy for better detailed pictures; none was a problem ...truly.

I cannot find enough superlatives for everyone in the eye department. It is and has been hard to pull any single person out as more than brilliant as everyone is. However, the doctor administering eye injections on the 12th November 2015 approx 11.30-12 midday, must I feel get a special thank you. I apologise I cannot remember their name. This doctor changed my treatment for an alternative one that is working! For the very first time in months I can see out of my left eye. From a blur to part clarity is more than I could have expected. But, I wanted to single out this Doctor for their superb caring manner and the way it was all explained to me. An absolutely faultless individual that I will never be able to thank enough!

Clearly the entire team there are brilliant and it takes a team to produce an end result.

Thank you everyone who has looked after me for the last twelve months. I look forward to seeing you all again for my ongoing maintenance .

Whilst the media has not been overly kind of late towards the NHS, I must as just one lone voice put my side across. Absolutely brilliant; when you imagine how many individuals the NHS deals with minute by minute I cannot fault you! 6 stars if I could!

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mike,

It was lovely to read the feedback you posted regarding your ongoing treatment within the Ophthalmology Department.

It is always nice to hear of positive patient experiences and I have shared your comments with Mrs Attrup who was the Dr who administered your injections on 12th November, and also with the rest of the team.

Elaine Davis

Junior Sister - Eye Clinic, Clinic 8

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I have passed it on to my colleagues and specifically the doctor who treated you on the 12th of November 2015.

We are all pleased that you are happy with treatment and it is good to be informed when a patient feels that we are doing something well.

Take care,