"Care, attention and efficieny"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

As part of the bowel cancer screening programme it was suggested that I have a colonoscopy after I had a follow up test. My initial screening discussion was comprehensive and handled in a very sensitive way. I was able to get the colonoscopy appointment within 11 days. The Endoscopy Unit is modern, bright, cheerful and very clean. My appointment was begun very punctually and the nursing staff were most caring and put me both at eaae, prior to the procedure and very attentive afterwards when I had a thorough debrief of what had been carried out and the next steps. Five days after the procedure a member of staff called me at home in the early evening and informed of the test results which were most encouraging.

The whole process from the initial routine screening to receiving the results was just over four weeks.

In summary I was most impressed with all the care, attention and outstanding professionalism of the staff at Royal Surrey as well as the quality of the reading and briefing material. Thank you and well done!

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

We are delighted that you had such a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to write a review. This is great news and I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the department to share amongst colleagues.