"Tums to tots session at Huthwaite Children's Centre"

About: Huthwaite Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

I started coming to the session she was 5 weeks old. I enjoy coming to the session because heather and Rachel are warm and very welcoming and made us feel part of the group from day one. I like the welcome song at the start of session because it bring everyone together and makes new mums feel welcome to the group. The rang of actives are varied each week and are differentiated for all ages of the group. Out of all the groups that we go to this one is my favourite. I have one suggestion and that would be during school holiday time that older siblings and sit in a sectioned off area of the room and can see what wonderful activities we have been getting up to at group.

Response from Katie Brown, Service Manager for Ashfield Health Visiting, Children Centres and School Nursing Teams, Children and Young People Services, Health Partnerships

Hi Thank you so much for your positive post, it is great to hear that you and your child are enjoying the 'Tums to Tot's' and that you feel the staff are so welcoming to new parents,

I will ensure both workers get to see the comments you have made and I am sure they will be over the moon with your feedback.

I will ask the Coordinator of the centre where we can go with older children in school holidays, I know we have tried this before and for one reason or another not many parents have attended with older children when we have sectioned the room out, this is one reason we plan whole family stay and play sessions or whole family outside events instead. But I will discuss this with the Coordinator and look at what we can do.

Thanks again for your feedback it was really supportive and informative and I hope you continuie to enjoy these sessions in the future

Response from Karen Ellis, Co-Ordinators, Sure Start Childrens Centres, Health Partnerships

Thanks so much for your comments about Tums to Tots it is always good to get feedback on our sessions as the staff can take on board your suggstions. It is always good to hear that new attendees are made to feel welcome as I know the two workers try really hard to make everyone feel welcome and part of the group.