"Outpatient Cataract Operation"

About: Bmi - The Ridgeway Hospital

An excellent team. I was taken to the preparation room at 4.25p.m. Everything was explained to me by knowledgeable, sympathetic nurses. At 5.35 a Nurse who had previously had cataract operations took me to the theatre. I lay down on the bed and they put the final drops in my eye telling me what some of them were. I was wheeled into the operation room and the Nurse held my hand the whole time telling me to squeeze hard if I had any problem. The surgeon who carried out the operation gave me clear instructions throughout. By 6.00p.m. I was being helped into a wheelchair and taken back to the preparation room. A Nurse came and gave me tea followed by medication and full instructions on what to do following my discharge. At 6.30 I was discharged and my son was allowed to take me home. A really first class service and, of course, the same sex accommodation question was just not applicable in this instance.

Response from Bmi - The Ridgeway Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that your stay with us was a comfortable and timely one.

Regards