"Elective gall bladder surgery"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you to everyone who cared for me this week for my elective surgery. From the nurse who checked me in, the anaesthetist who made me laugh, the heathcare assistant who accompanied me to theatre and then came to see me afterwards on the ward and to the surgeon who managed keyhole and not open surgery as had been suggested.

The hospital was clean, friendly, welcoming and all staff I encountered very professional.

Despite the information sheet saying no relatives could stay, my husband was with me most of the time and was kept well informed during my period in theatre and recovery.

I was able to return home just a few hours after surgery and am very grateful for such excellent care.......big hugs to all!

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback.

We are so glad to hear that your surgery went well and you received excellent care, whilst a patient at Maidstone Hospital.

We know that our staff pride themselves on providing a high standard of care and compassion and your feedback reiterates this.

We will take pleasure in passing on your kind compliments to the General Manager for Surgery, who will be able to relay your feedback to all those staff involved in your care.

Once again, thank you for taking this time, your feedback is important to us.

With kind regards.