"Excellent service - thank you"

I fell and hurt my hand and came to

MIU late in the day about 5.45 pm. Even though it was nearly home time I received a warm and friendly welcome. I was seen promptly, looked after and given care advice.

I returned the next day to see if I needed an xray and again the staff were excellent. The nurse who treated me was friendly, professional and put me at ease. They also took an interest in my general health for an ongoing condition they had noticed in my notes.

I then returned 1.5 weeks later as I was still in pain and worried it might be fractured. Again this wasn't a problem and I was treated brilliantly again. I wasn't made to feel an inconvenience or silly for worrying about it and time was spent treating me but also interacting with me.

Thank you very much for an amazing job and a brilliant facility. The staff offer a very high standard of service which is a great mix of professional and personable. I'm a nervous patient for anything (even for this) and this was a very positive experience.

Response from North Cambridgeshire Hospital

Dear Julia

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the care provided by the Minor Injury and X-Ray Team's based at North Cambs Hospital, in Wisbech.

I will pass on your kind words and I know my colleagues will be thrilled to read your very positive feedback.

Many thanks again.