"Intensive care unit"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

My elderly mother was rushed in with initially a suspected stroke which turned out to be meningitis. I arrived first at hospital having travelled 50 miles in extreme distress. The nurses and doctors were fabulous and compassionate and took time to talk me through what had happened and what they knew at that point. They did the same when my brother arrived all the way from Bristol at 3.30 am. Mum has been with intensive care for 11 days and has received outstanding care throughout. Staff have been brilliant with our family too and have helped make such a terrible time more manageable. All our questions were answered fully and we could ring any time day or night for updates and the nurses were happy to help put our minds at ease. Mum herself is now able to speak and told me how wonderful the nurses and doctors are. I honestly cannot thank you all enough.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Lucy,

Many thanks for your comments. It is very reassuring to receive such positive feedback.

The team strives to provide excellent care and communication at all times,and it is feedback such as this that makes our job worthwhile.

It also enables our team to realise that their hard work is appreciated.

Karen Latham