"Adenotonsillectomy on Sunflower ward"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

The consultant and team did a fantastic job during my sons recent adenotonsillectomy at the end of September.

All of the staff on Sunflower ward couldn't have been more professional and caring.

Our three year old son recovered quickly and the operation was a great success.

He can now breathe normally, sleeps soundly all night, is a much happier child, eats well and thankfully seems to be growing.

My only criticisms would be that it took a private consultation to get the operation.

An operation that was clearly necessary since the results have been life changing for the whole family.

That said, the care he received was first class.

Thank you.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Kind Regards,

The Patient Advice & Liaison Team

Response from Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff on the Sunflower Ward, who cared for your son when he was admitted for an adenotonsillectomy. I can confirm that I have forwarded all of your feedback to the Paediatric Management team, who in turn will share this with the ward.

Kind Regards,