"Tough week , Fabulouse service .."

About: Chesterfield Royal Hospital

Both my grown up children , who never visit A&E ended up visiting over the last 7 days ! . What a traumatic week made very easy by Fabulouse care and attention .

Our daughter fell from our muck heap ramp damaging her ankle , she has never been to A&E and had a superb( if I can say that lol) 1st visit , we were wizzed through all departments by lovely careing staff .

No one complained as I parked in the ambulance bit ( all be it not obstructing) ..

Then blow me our son ( a regular to A&E in his younger motorbike days ) he's a self employed very hard working plumber wakes up and his hand won't move !! Very scary he dashes off to A&E and recieved amazing and quick service better than any private healthcare ... He sees two consultants / specialists and is asked back next day to have a bespoke splint made , amazing can't thank the NHS enough for sorting my preciousness children out .

But roll on next week lets hope it's not so dramatic !

Response from Chesterfield Royal Hospital

Thank you for your post - and I certainly hope the last few days have been quieter! It just goes to show that whatever their age you never stop worrying about your children! Joking aside I am pleased that neither sustained injuries that were too serious and that we were able to treat them quickly and effectively.

The ED team will really appreciate your comments (I will pass them on) and thank you for taking the time to let us have your thoughts. In the nicest possible way I hope you don't have to visit us again any time soon! Best wishes Sarah Turner-Saint, head of communications