"11 days waiting time for 1st appointment. What..."

About: Liskeard Community Hospital

My GP referred me to cardiology. Through the central booking system I was offered the choice of either Liskeard or Bodmin, I selected Liskeard and waited for an appointment letter. This was on the 19th of October. At the end of October I had received nothing and so I telephoned only to be told that I would receive a letter in the next two weeks with a probable appointment for mid December. I telephoned again today (11th November) only to be informed that there is a massive backlog and optimistically I might be lucky to get an appointment possibly in January and that my best option was to go somewhere else! Whilst I can accept that delays can occur, why wasn't I contacted to be told the facts instead of just being fobbed off? On the website it states that there is an 11days wait for the first outpatient appointment. In my case it will be more like 11 weeks plus ! We are not talking about a sore toe, we are talking about a heart problem serious enough to be referred to a cardiology specialist! Absolutely disgraceful!

Response from Liskeard Community Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately your concern is with Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust, Treliske which I will forward to them to answer.