About: Maidstone District General Hospital

In 2012, I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis. Since then I have been under the care of the neurology department.

I have been impressed by their approach, establishing what I knew about the condition (very little at first, but I had done some research through the MG support pages online). They then explained the condition in language appropriate to my knowledge and gave me a realistic prognosis. Although the treatment at first was counter-productive - the condition worsened, they encouraged me to persevere. I am now in remission and have been discharged, though the condition may re-emerge in the future.

Throughout, the doctor has given me the impression that we were equal partners in fighting the condition.

They were extremely competent in their specialism, and calm and lucid in their dealings with me, answering all my questions in a way which gave me confidence and respecting the choices I needed to make.

I would also like to record my appreciation of the work done by the eye clinic who established the diagnosis of MG, and of the sterling work of the orthoptics department who supported me during treatment

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on the care and treatment you have received from the neurology and ophthalmology departments.

We were delighted to learn that your experiences have been so positive and that you felt so well supported throughout the process.

Please be assured that we have shared your comments with the teams involved.

Kind regards, The PALS Team.