"Admitted by ambulance"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Brought to A&E after an unexplained confused episode (early evening) while in hotel away from home. As my wife (who came with me) and I are both elderly this was a difficult time. However the support and care from the ambulance/paramedic team and then the staff in both A&E and subsequently the Assessment Unit was excellent at every stage. This was shown to both of us. Although it was suggested that my wife could go back 'home' and return the following morning this was not possible as we were in hotel accommodation some miles. Two chairs made a resting spot over night(!) but were nevertheless appreciated as a temporary solution. While it was a stressful time we really appreciated the care and the support shown by all the staff and would like to stress our thanks to them all. The fact that the hotel receptionist willingly came to collect us on discharge we recognised the care so many people are willing to give and share when things look bleak. Thank you everyone.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Dear Barrie & Joyce

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit to Queen’s Hospital, Burton.

We are pleased to read that you both felt that you were helped and supported at a time when you needed it most.

Your feedback will be shared with the staff in the departments that you have mentioned and we do hope that you are recovering well.

Many thanks