"Great team and I'm fixed"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

I had a optical urethrotomy in day surgery on 6th November at Bournemouth

From my first visit to t I u for flow tests etc the staff have been fantastic

Bowing how nervous s I was due to my family's history of cancer

I was helped through every part of the investigation and consulted with the next steps

I'm t was agreed I would have a full ga and do what ever is nescesary

The staff on the day ward were great and very friendly that really helped put us at ease thanks.

I had a llong meeting with the anethatist and my surgeon who were both fantastic very reassuring and careing

I was again very poorly in recovery and after 5 hours in recovery was not doing my best

The dedication of all the team was first class

Even back on the ward the nurses were great especially one who just gave that reassuring lovely smile

You all work so hard and not enough praise

I'm doing ok and I'm now fixed and it was all clear of cancer

So thank you to everyone from my doctor at Kinson road surgery to the ward staff thank you Jethro

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Dear Jethro

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience at Royal Bournemouth Hospital.

I am pleased to hear that you found the urology team so helpful and caring and able to explain the next steps of your treatment in a way that was easy to understand.

It is good to know that being able to talk with both the anaesthetist and surgeon was reassuring for you.

Sorry to hear your post-operative recovery took a little longer but I am sure it must be a great relief to know you are on the road to recovery and cancer free.

I will share your comments with all the teams you have mentioned as they all appreciate getting feedback from their patients and to know that you are feeling better

Regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement