"First class treatment"

About: Southend Hospital

From the moment I was referred to Southend Uro Oncology, I only found positives. Consultation, Pre op assessment and surgery two days later, it was just superb treatment. The whole team from cleaners to consultants were just a credit...and when the histology results from the Kidney Cancer were 100% good, that was a real bonus. Despite professionalism of the highest level, good humour and sharing a joke undoubtedly hastened my recovery on the ward and seven days after my 5 hour op I was back in front of my computer screens, working.

My six month appointment was in the new unit, which looks worthy of one amazing team.

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your referral to our services. It is excellent to hear such positive feedback and thank you for taking the time to contact us. I ensure you I will pass your comments to the relevant team who will appreciate such positivity relating to your care and treatment - and of course your recovery. Wishing you well for the future and again thank you for contacting us, we value your feedback.

Louise McIver Patient Involvement Team