"Outpatient appointments"

About: Queen's Hospital (Romford)

1. Your own policy says patients know when they will next be seen before leaving the hospital. So why did the urologist's staff fail to do this? I have no idea when I am going to be seen again, adding more stress to my already difficult life due to having advanced, incurable cancer? 2. Why does an employee ring up saying they are "Queens Hospital" and an appointment for tomorrow is being cancelled for tomorrow and rescheduled for Friday, with no opportunity for me to say if this is convenient or offer another date.

No explanation just one is cancelled with 24 hours notice.

Response from Queen's Hospital

Thank you for your comment on NHS Choices. I appreciate your suggestion for our appointments and will pass your feedback onto the team concerned. It's vitally important we get our appointments process improved and we’re currently working on this as part of a wider improvement plan.

Please contact me through our PALS team on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk who will investigate this further. Meanwhile your comments will be shared with our Outpatients department.

Yours sincerely Nadeem Moghal Medical Director