"Excellent Medical Consultant"

About: Torbay Hospital

I have been very poorly over the last 4 weeks and I was lucky to meet a medical consultant who was the most caring and understanding Dr I think I have ever met. The consultant took the time to explain in detail what was going in with my infections and worked with micro biology to get my treatment sorted, they ran around and made lots of phone calls to arrange IV antibiotics in a clinic so I did not have to stay in hospital but also arranged an urgent scan of my kidneys. Because my illness and situation is not that common and it's not something they see everyday, the consultant did listen to me, the patient, and that made me feel like I mattered. Alice also said I could call her any time if I was concerned or worried about anything.

I had lost a lot of faith with Torbay hospital as I have been treated very badly in the past by the A&E Department but I think that's because they don't understand my condition and how bad the pain can be. I am not textbook like I should be, but the consultant has restored my faith. I just want other people to know that this is an outstanding Consultant and you would be lucky to have them as your doctor. I feel blessed to have meet the consultant.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is always good to receive feedback; we try to ensure we share examples of good practice and also that we learn from any negative experiences.

Kind regards Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Patient

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments.

Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned.

Patient Services