"My hip revision experience"

I came to see the surgeon because of metal poisoning (high chromium and cobalt blood count) from a Birmingham hip replacement 12 years ago. In spite of the fact it was very urgent to get the old hip out, I had to take my turn. However, for once in my life, I happened to be in the right place at the right time! After checking availability of the theatre and anaesthetist, my surgeon was able to open a surgery list for me for a couple of weeks hence. I may be wrong, but I think my surgeon came in specially to do my 2-hour operation - I don't think my surgeon took any other patients that day.

The anaesthetist who performed my spinal was quick and accurate. I just had time to thank them before I nodded off!

The ward Doctor, nursing staff, housekeeping staff and food were all excellent. I had to have a blood transfusion: my blood levels were at all times carefully monitored. Thank you all.

Response from The Horder Centre - St Johns Road

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that everything went well for you during your time with us at The Horder Centre. Your comments will be passed onto the departments who will be delighted to hear of your positive experience. We wish you all the best, and a speedy recovery from everyone at Horder Healthcare