"my recent operation"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / General surgery

I would just like to say that my experience was amazing and I can not fault the way I was treated from my very first consultation with my surgeon Mr Amirjetti (sorry about my spelling) right up to being discharged, every member of the hospital employees were fantastic! Right down to the ladies who brought our cup of tea. They deserve medals! ! ! They work such long hours and even after 13 hour shifts still manage to look after us.

what could be improved?

- discharge pharmacy should be open all day Sat

- Discharge procedure

- no bulbs in all 4 over bed lamps

- pharmacy should be open all day on a saturday

- the porters could be a little bit quieter

- Ward 3 needs decorating

What's good?

- medical treatment.friendliness of all staff

- patience and friendliness of all staff

- plenty of visits from doctors

- the food was fresh and appetising

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Lyzzyb,

Thank you for taking the time to write your story. I am really pleased you had a positive experience on Branston Ward (3rd floor). We aim to provide safe, quality care to women accessing our gynaecology services.

Thank you for your constructive comments. We are working towards 7 day working and hopefully will then have the support services available to save delay in discharge. I will share your post with the portering staff for awareness.

The Wards in the maternity building are currently undergoing structural development work and will be decorated as each floor is completed.

Thank you for expressing your praise regarding medical treatment, patience and friendliness of staff. I will pass your comments to all Branston Ward staff and Mr Amirchetty.

Regards

Ellen Ewer - Acting Matron Gynaecology,

• lyzzyb thinks this response is helpful