"Nurses on A7 ward."

About: Warrington Hospital

I am extremely appalled by the service of some nurses in this ward. Two in particular. I am in the process of trying to find out their names as I only know them by face.

My relative has been in this ward for weeks now and he goes days without sufficient updates. He is a good patient but has to wait endlessly for basic care.

I have spoken to one particular nurse today who was outright rude and insensitive. The nurse then proceeded to repeat the conversation we had to another nurse outside the ward whilst I was there. The nurse needs to learn common manners and I shall be speaking to their superior if I receive this tone and attitude again. I understand that being a nurse/being in healthcare can be very stressful and is often a thankless job but there is no need to take that out on patients or visitors. If you're that unhappy, change profession. I am hoping there is a directory of nurses (usually in hospitals there is a board with photos an names but not on this one) so I can get their details without making a big issue out of it an potentially affecting my relatives on-going 'care'. I have seen and also experienced much better treatment in other hospitals so I know there is a distinct difference and this is not the 'norm'. If anyone would like to offer assistance in my aim to provide feedback against these nurses it would be much appreciated. I think there should be feedback for purposes of improvement in all professions.

I will give credit where credit is due, there have been some good nurses but unfortunately the negative experiences are out shining them.

Response from Warrington Hospital

Really sorry to read this and that your experience has not been the best due to a minority of staff. It's something we would like to look at in more detail if you can contact our PALS team at pals@whh.nhs.uk they can look at this confidentially for you.